Friday, November 10, 2006

Of commercials and jingles

Recently, I have been downloading music that gets played as background score in ads - and no, they are not jingles, but they happen to be good tracks from well-known albums.
It goes like this... I watch the commercial...music sounds gr8... I check out the ad in youtube, do some search to find out the name of the album and download :).
My Today's pick is the latest of Geico's caveman series. The background score for this is "Remind Me" by Royksopp (album - melody a.m).
Watch the ad here in Youtube and let me know how you like it.
Another one I liked was Sheraton's $20 million ad campaign. Arabella Harrison sings "We belong"- orignally by Pat Benatar. You could check out the ad, again in youtube here :)

2 comments:

Neera said...

He he ..the Geico one is too funny. I found this to be the first sensible one from Geico.

Btw when I look at ur complete profile here, there is no link to ur main blog page - this one - wotld thru my window in there - only spice hut and scribbling pad. Is it intentional?

wild rose said...

oh! there are quite a few good ones in geico caveman series...
no, its not intentional-am checking my profile- i can't find an option to choose wtmw!! so me removing the other two too :)