Thursday, November 02, 2006

Subzero fun

Here we are in November and maybe I should start reading a book that goes like "how to enjoy outdoors in subzero chills "...
Last week a close friend of ours had come all the way from Oregon and all we did was spend the two days at outlet malls and the gr8 "Mall of America". Poor us...what can we do when everything (read weather) conspires against us to sit at home or go window shopping.

Though I hate to admit, I love window shopping- if you have exhausted all kinds of topics of conversation with me, then just take me to shop- even your closest mom and pop store would do. :) I get so fascinated by the kind of products retailers come up with and want to have one of everything - I am a "retailer's dream" -so my husband tells me. So whenever we go out shopping he asks me to make out a list of items "needed" lest I get duped into buying unnesessary stuff. And then of course, my window shopping can no more be called window shopping too :)

Well...so you needn't bother to ask me if I enjoyed at the Mall-of course I did. Moreover we were'nt even window shopping- my two friends actually started going crazy over the brands. I think they bought enough to get them thro till next diwali. :) One smart thing they taught me was to first hit the information center at the Mall and ask for the discount brochure. I believe you get it free if you are a AAA member or a student, else pay 5 bucks to get one and believe me,you wouldn't regret it.

Summing it up, weekend was fun fun and more fun- first there was a lot of shopping and we talked so much and watched so many good movies...
It brought alive those campus day memories at K when we would take a walk around the campus late in the night, have a cup of tea ( essentially a sugar-water concentrate) in the night canteen and head back to work. What would I not do to get those idyllic days back again?

2 comments:

Krish said...

"Though I hate to admit, I love window shopping"- Maami..the entire world knows that..esp..me...I had a terrible time with u in Hyd(remember the amount of sarees that poor guy wud hv shown u for ur M-i-L?)..had i been the guy, I would have resigned my job after showinig sarees to u![:p]

wild rose said...

grrr...krish...c'mon...as though u did less when u got stuff for ur lil sis ..hahaha